Question

diet
In the last 6 months I have gained 20 kg, while I was on a diet low fat, low calorie whatever. Since then I could not managed to loose any kg. If on a diet I loose 1 kg in two weeks time and it is only water. I a days time I gain that kg again. I don't know if there is something medical wrong, thyroid because I show all that symtoms and hormones? HELP I use to weigh 55kg I am 1.66m and weigh now 85kg I am 41.

Dear Belinda
If you gained 20 kg while using a low-fat slimming diet then I would urge you to have a medical checkup preferably by an Endocrinologist or a Physician (ask your gp to refer you). The dr will test you for hormone imbalances (thyroid, insulin for insulin resistance and female hormones to see if you suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Another condition that can cause such rapid weight gain is depression - discuss this possibility with the dr. Your present BMI = 30, which is in the obese range. Depending on what is causing this abnormal weight gain, the dr will prescribe the necessary medication (thyroid hormone or Glucophage, etc), but you also need to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with a diet that will help you to lose this weight. Once you have a diagnosis you should also consider starting daily exercise (going for brisk walks or joining a gym or Walk for Life) so that you can do regular exercise for 30 or more min a day.
Holding thumbs that you will get to the bottom of this problem.