Question

Diet
Dear Doc - I am 62 and have approx 15kgs to lose. Could you suggest a diet? I am still working, so lunch packs need to be considered.
I am sure there are 100''s of us who would love to have a proper nutrional diet - that works!
Kind regards
Bertha

Dear Bertha
Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for about 30 min a day. The lunch in the example of this diet can easily be packed to take to work and you can vary the menu to prevent boredom.