Question

Diet
I tried the MySecret diet in a box, I want to know if it is safe as it contains plenty of fats. could you let me know which diet you think is the best?
thanks

Dear Desiree
Now I must admit that you have stumped me! I have so far not seen the 'MySecret' diet in a box in South Africa. I can only suggest that you judge for yourself: If you click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Weight Loss' and 'Diet Detective' you can look up the various ingredients in the MySecret products to see what side-effects they cause and if they actually contribute to weightloss. You can also assess the diet. Ask the following questions: a) if the diet contains all the food groups b) if it is not too low in energy, c) If you have to take all kinds of diet pills and potions with the diet. If you need to cut out whole food groups (esp carbohydrates) or if the diet is very low in energy then it is not sensible and well balanced. Also keep in mind that very rapid weight loss will lead to rapid regain once you stop using an unbalanced diet. I believe that a balanced low-fat diet that contains all the food groups is preferable to fad diets (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 minutes a day.