Question

Diet and exercise
I''''ve been on a 5000-6000kj per day ''''diet'''' for the last 16 months, and over that time have also become quite active, doing cardio and strength training classes 4 times a week, and running/cycling 4-5 times a week. I have lost about 15kgs over this time period, but am not sure how to either taper off the diet and/or exercise and maintain my weight and fitness levels (if that''''s even possible). What would be an acceptable calorie count (am a 26-year-old female) to try and stick to, as well as an acceptable activity level per week, if I wish to maintain my current weight (60kgs). I''''m worried if I cut down on gym or increase my caloric intake, I will gain back the weight so I''''m sort of stuck at this extreme level of both.

Thanks!

Dear Crumbs
Congratulations for losing those 15 kg so sensibly - a you are a ***star***. Generally active women can use approx. an 8000 kJ a day diet for maintenance. As for exercise, health experts agree that everyone should do at least 30 min of cardio exercise a day or 1 hour for at least 3 times a week. See if using a moderately energy-increased diet and doing exercise 3 times a week for 1 hour maintains your weight. If you do find that your weight increases, you may have to reduce your energy intake a bit or up your exercise, which ever option is the most doable for you.
Good luck for the future