Question

diet for diverticulosis and bowel constriction sufferer
My mom has just been diagnosed with diverticulosis and also has a twist in the ascending colon which caused her to be hospitalised for severe abdominal pain. She is now home and wants to make sure she's following the correct diet, I read your diet for diverticulosis sufferers, what else can u suggest for a lady who has a twist in colon, therefore rather narrow passage?
Thank you.

Lucyswan, she will have to be careful of dry foods like biltong, nuts, etc. She will have to keep her fluid intake high and soft/moist foods she be a high priority. Constipation is dangerous in her case, but so might a high fibre diet. It would be a better idea for her to use something like Duphalac® to keep her regular. On the finer details of a proper diet, DietDoc is the one to ask. Good luck.