Question

Diet for Great Dane
Hi I wonder if you could give me some idea as what to feed my Great Dane. He is 7 and has prostrate problems so needs to be on a soft food diet as he battles to pass stools. I want to cook his food for him and no longer feed him dry dog food and would appreciate some ideas on what to cook up for him. Previously I cooked a mixture of chicken/pets mince plus brown rice to mix with his food as well as giving him milk and one egg a week.Many thanks

Hi Lynne

There are many good sources of diets available though book stores and/or the internet. If you forward me your email address I will be able to send you some information directly.

What sort of prostatic problem does he have? If he has Benign Prostate Hyperplasia please consider castration or the administration of Megesterol Acetate or Oestrogens.

My email address is seapoint@citivet.co.za.

Dr Campbell