Question

Diet for me
Dear DietDoc.
I am 20 years old, I was on a Cabbage soup diet which helped me to loose weight, but I lost weight where I never wanted to. I have a Pear shaped body(small waiste and Large hips) After loosing the weight my waist was tiny and my collar bones were sticking out, but my hips were only a little smaller. Is there a certain diet that I could go on that would allow me to loose weight equally.
Thank you

Dear Roseline
There is no slimming diet that will make you lose weight in specific areas of the body. Your large hips are due to a) genetic tendencies b) the fact that you are a woman (men store fat on their boeps and neck). To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake by cutting down on fat and increasing the amount of dietary fibre you eat. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. Targeted exercise can help so if you are not a member of a good gym, join one and get the instructor to specifically work out a programme that slims the problem areas. Certain beauty salons also offer treatments that may help - phone Lillian Terry International (012) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.