Question

diet for mixed breed
I have acquired two mixed breed pups. The one is supposed to be a cross GSD/chow so I am feeding it as a large breed. The other is supposed to be a GSD/collie cross but at five months it is barely larger than the GSD/chow cross who is only two months old. Should I feed it large breed or medium breed puppy food? I have no history of it so I don't know whether it was starved previously or whether it is perhaps not the GSD /collie cross I was told it is.
cybervet

You cannot go wrong to feed both of them as large breed dogs. A small breed dog fed as a large breed dogs will not be harmed, however a large breed dogs fed as a small breed dog can develop joint and other problems.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town