Ask an expert

25 Jul 2011

I am looking for a dietician in South Africa that specialises in gluten free methodology
Answer 819 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Colleen
I can for ethical reasons not refer you directly to a dietitian, but if you visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian", you should be able to find a dietitian in your area that specialises in gluten-free diets. You can also contact the ADSA Head Office at: (011) 789-6621 and ask if they can refer you to a dietitian who works in the field of gluten-free diets. In the meanwhile click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & Intolerance' to read more about gluten allergy. You can also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: to find out more about food intolerance and allergies. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: .
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17787 votes