Ask an expert

19 Feb 2013

Dietician specialising in gluten/wheat intolerance
Dear Dietdoc,

Do you perhaps know of any dieticians in Centurion/Pretoria that specialise in food allergies, especially gluten and wheat?

Or can you refer me to a directory of listed dieticians?


Answer 978 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Suzie
For ethical reasons I cannot refer you to see a specific dietitian, but if you visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area, you should be able to determine which dietitians work in Pretoria and/or Centurion. You can then phone the various practices and determine which dietitian specialises in food allergies, particularly gluten and wheat allergies. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan, which contains recipes for baking too. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: . To read more about food allergies click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18743 votes