Ask an expert

01 Mar 2003

diffuse lipomatosis
I have the above in my right thigh underneath my hip. It is very painful and the doctor recommend a operation to remove the above. Is there any other treatment.? She told me that the scar will be 10cm or more. I am 46 years old and weigh 60kg and not obese!
thanking you
Answer 325 views

01 Jan 0001

Sybil, if you want them to be removed, surgery is the only option. A good surgeon will keep the incision as small as possible, especially if you ask him to do so before the operation. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.