Question

Disprin and Gaviscon
Dear Doc

My 2 miscarriages were (believed to be, no proof) due to my blood thickening and not getting blood supply through to the 'little bean'.

I was on EcoTrin but it burnt my stomach - gynae suggested I take a quarter of a Disprin every day (I am 3 weeks pregnant).
Do you agree? (any other advice on how to keep my blood thin/normal?)

I also suffer from heartburn (even before I was pregnant) can I continue with Gaviscon?

You need a definite diagnosis regarding the thickening of the blood. There are a number of clotting problems which can give rise to this and, depending what the problem is, you might need other medication such as heparin. I would suggest that you have this properly investigated. Gaviscon is safe in pregnancy.