Question

diverticulitis
My sister had an op on her bowel for diverticulitis, will be 2 weeks tomorrow. She has a terrible pain on her left side. She is very weak still and does not have much of an appetite. Is this normal? Surely by now she should start feeling a bit better. She has also lost a tremondous amount of weight. They did not give her a diet to follow and as she is staying with me at the moment I would also like to know if there are things she should avoid eating. Thank you.

Dear Maddy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that she contacts the surgeon who did the operation, as there is a possibility that she can become dehydrated or become anorexic. Make sure that she drinks a lot of fluid and try and get a consultation with her surgeon.

Dr Anrich Burger