Question

Divorce and Custody
I have never refused custody of my child to my wife. I am not prepared to take my daughter away from her, it is not in the best interestes of my daughter.

I am only pushing for joint custody because my wife keeps changing the agreement according to her will. This is against my rights as a father. She cannot say that, that I cannot have my child this holidays, because she thinks I cannot look after her. This is a perception and not the truth. We are 4 months into our separation is this is appening already.

What will happen in a year or 2?

Mt ex to be seems to be thinking short term and only in her own interests. Not my daughters.

In thye mean time I have made an appointment with a child psychologist to see what affect this is having on my daughter.

Hi chris,
If she keeps changing it, then it's not an agreement. One of the requirements, surely, is to force her to face facts and to make a fair agreement and be required to keep to it --- and that needs a court. If she doesnt keep to an agreement made by the Courts, she'll be in enough trouble to learn the value of keeping one's word.
The COurt is REQUIRED to consider only the best interests of the child, not the wants of the mother ( or father ).