Question

Dizziness
I have been experiencing dizziness for a couple of months now. It comes and goes and happens at different times. Sometimes I' m lying in bed watching tv, reading or just lying still, or when getting up out of bed or from sitting, I have to keep still for a while and wait for the dizziness to pass (I do not get up suddenly), but even then I have to hold onto the wall when I walk. It goes away after a while.

Dear Mushroom
If it is a spinning feeling you get, this could be due to problem in the middle ear balance centre, if it is more a feeling of "blacking out" when you get up you may have low blood pressure or irregular heartbeat. There is treatment for it but you will have to let your doctor find the cause first