Question

DIZZY SPELLS
HI A FEW WEEKS AGO I SUFFERED A HUGE DIZZY SPELL THAT WENT ON FOR 2 HOURS AND I WAS NAUSEOUS TOO. THEY WERE PAINTING OUTSIDE MY FLAT AND I THOUGHT I WAS THEPAINT. SINCE THEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD TWO MORE SMALLER DIZZY SPELLS. I JUST SUDDENLY FEELMY HEAD SPINNING, FEEL OUTOF TOUCH WITH WHATIS GOING ON AROUND ME AND THEN WHEN IT PASSES I FEEL HEADACHY AND TIRED. MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS FINE AND I TAKE IRON SUPPLEMENTS AND ZINC ETC. I HAVE ALWAY BEEN OVERWEIGHT BUT NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS DIZZYNESS BEFORE. CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT IT COULD B FROM? THANKS JANINE

Dear Janine,
It could be an inner ear problem, sometimes one gets something called vertigo, caused by a virus/infection or abnormal pressure in the inner ear, which will cause nausea, dizziness and a "thick head" feeling. Go to your GP for a check of your ears and there are tablets he can prescribe to alleviate the symptoms. It usually goes away after a few weeks.