Question

do i have any rights?
hi doc im stuck in a very sad situation im very depressed i know its impossible to change your parents but what do you do when you parents especially my mum is very overprotective and never understanding how do i follow my heart and what makes me happy when i know that if i choose a life with my boyfriend shes never gonna except and im gonna loosing her or my boyfriend i love them both very much but its hard for me to follow my heart coz i know im gonna loose one of them and i cant live with that.i only want to be happy and my boyfriend makes me extremly happy but i dont wanna loose my family i cant live without either one of them.what do i do i know that i need to build a life for myself but which way do i go all i want is happiness and my mum in my life but she would never agree.

sad sad me :(

Well, s, generally, one learns how to manage one's parents. To enable mom to be reasonably over-protective without taking her excessive concerns too seriosuly, and gradually to convince her that you're fine and safe and competent. You don't mention how old you are, but until you are of the legal age of maturity, and independent in the sense of paying for and looking after yourself, its understandablwe that your parents might be bothered by some of the guys you might choose as a boyfriend. Explain to her, calmly, what you have said in your message here, and ask if she could arrange ( eg through FAMSA ) some family counselling sessions to try and sort all this out.