Question

Do I need a check up
Dear Dr,
I had a partial hysterectomy about 15 years ago..... my ovaries were left.
I have never been for a check up again and was wondering if i really needed to?
I recently seem to have a slight blood discharge internally. from time to time.... ie If I insert a tampon, i find blood on it and wonder where this comes from as there is no uterus. I also on odd occasions have a sharp pain that seems to shoot up from the vagina..... what causes that?
Your advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

It is important to have gynae check-ups even if you have had a hysterectomy, especially if you have abnormal bleeding. Bleeding can come from the vagina or from the area where the cervix was. The vaginal pain could be due to a number of reasons - infection, ovarian cysts, for example.