Question

DO I NEED TO PUT ON WEIGHT ?
I AM A 27 YEAR OLD FEMALE. MY BABY' S NOW 1 YEAR. MY HEIGHT 1.44. WEIGHT : 37KG.

DO I NEED TO PUT ON WEIGHT ? I WAS JUST CONCERNED THAT IF I PUT ON WEIGHT MY WEIGHT WON' T BE IN PROPORTION TO MY HEIGHT AND I AM RATHER SHORT.

Dear Lorna
Your present BMI = 17,9 which is just below the lower normal range of 18-25. I think it may be safer for you to have a BMI of about 19 for which you would need to weigh 39-40 kg. Under normal circumstances I would never regard a BMI of 19 as desirable, but because you are so tiny you can probably not afford to carry much weight.
Eat a little more of a balanced, healthy diet to increase your weight slightly.