Question

do men also need time to get over previous hurt (cheating girlfriend)
hi there,

do men also need time to get over previous hurtful relationship or is it just us girls that take so long?

my boyfriend and I started to date each other and he is not over the hurt of his previous relationship. he says he doesnt want me to be his rebound girlfriend so he has asked for some space to deal with the hurt. We were really crazy about each other the moment we met.

I have now said I will give him his space. Before anyone says he is just trying to get rid of me, it is not the case.

I have now not contacted him since he asked me for space. His work is also very demanding in such a way that we do not get to see each other a lot. He said it will die down a bit in a while.

He just cannot give me the 100% I deserve at the moment.

HUMAN BEINGS need time to get over very painful expweriences. How long it takes depends on the nature of the relatonship, the nature of the break-up, and other factors, not the gender.
YOur new bf sounds sensible, and you are responding to his request very sensibly, too