Question

Do not understand
I'v been on the injection for 3 months now and picking up alot of weight. I just want to know why do you pick up weight when you are on the injection and how can you get rid of it in a healthy way without picking up those unwanted kilos? The thing is I've been on the 3 month injection before where I never saw my period for 7 years and never picked up a stitch now I'm on the 2 month one for only 3 months and picking up alot?
Will you be able to help please.

Thaks.

Dear Reader
Unfortunately most hormone treatments can either result in weight gain or weight loss. It depends on the actual medication that is being used, therefore, one type of contraceptive pill/injection may cause weight gain and another can make you lose weight. If the present treatment is causing weight gain then you need to discuss this with the prescribing dr as he/she may have to adjust or change this treatment. To lose weight, you need to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy, which you can print out for yourself), and combine it with regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming).