Ask an expert

01 Dec 2005

Doc please advice
Would you recomenend a person with PCOS and on glucophagne 3 x times to go on to Herbalife
Answer 373 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Jr
No I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet that is based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) because PCOS is usually accompanied by insulin resistance and the most effective treatment is a low GI diet and plenty of exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes', to read more about the dietary treatment of insulin resistance.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.