Ask an expert

07 Jul 2010

My hubbie went to the doctor yesterday, and she gave him a genital exam, and he admitted to me that he got an erection during the procedure. I am disappointed, and only want him to see men doctors from now on, but he refuses as my gynae is a man, but I dont get turned on at the gynae. I am now worried that even a medical procedure could turn someone on. I give him lots of sex, but now think of him with a hard on with someone else, and its quite a turn off, whats your take on this.
Answer 416 views

01 Jan 0001

I understand that you feel upset about this, but it takes a very special man in a trusting relationship to admit to his wife this happened and he most likely was quite embarrassed by it(although would not likely admit that!). If he did not tell you, you would never know. The fact that he had an erection does not mean he was turned on the way you turn him on - these things can happen in genital examinations (women may even 'become wet' with a gynae examination!Normal physical response). That is unfortunately one of those things in life! I will only be worried if he starts consulting the doctor on a regular basis with the same problem! In the mean time, act a little bit jealous and make sure he comes home to you for a good time!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.