Question

Does depression ever go away or will it always haunt me?
A couple of years ago I had really bad episodes of depression which went on for a couple of years, I was in and out of hospital and treatments. When it calmed down I was relieved and thought all of this suffering was over. My life has been a mess since and I am so scared of it. Two or three months ago I started again with mood swings, headaches, sleeping problems,ect. My thought patern is in a mess. Some days it feels like I am out side myself seeing how it is taking me down again. My biggest fear is comming back. How do I stop it?

We varu, Heidi. some of us are fortunate enough to have one significant episode of Depression, and then to recover and remain well ; some of us have several episodes, and so of us have a recurrent problem of episodes of Depression. From the sound of it, what you really need now is to see a good local shrink for assessment and review of the situation ; and treatment may well include medication, but for longer-lasting benefits, should also include CBT-style counselling