Question

Does he love me for my money or me - follow up
Thank you for all your comments, but honestly I am even more confused now. Ive spoken to my fiance and he told me that he doesnt want to advise me on how to spend my money, because money can cause a lot of iunpleasantness, but he is willing to guide me if I need it. I told him that I wanted to get professional financial advice. I also told him that I wanted us to start off on an even level, financially, so we should forget that I have money because if I didnt resign I wouldnt have had that money coming to me anyway. He agreed.

I dont know if I am so determined to settle down that I am blinded or is it that I really have found my soulmate because I do feel that we are meant to be together. Yes we started off rocky, but as we got to know each other we found so many things in common, our backgrounds career wise, and the way we are raised were so similiar so when we talk we can really relate to one another. Ive had relationships and there are some messed up men out there. I also know that having money and success and not having anyone to share it with is worthless. Ive had quite a good life, succcessful career, good salary, a lot of travelling and living in expensive upmarket hotels, rubbing shoulders with influencial people, and although all my friends and family told me Im the luckiest person, I still was not fulfilled because I didnt have someone to go home to at the end of the day. Yes there were relationships, but no one that I could relate to the way I do with my fiance. So do I look past the material things and settle for love? maybe just protect my money by investing it? He is expecting an investment to pay out in 2006 as well, so it would be interesting to know what he decides to do with it.

Still sounds like a perilously short relationship on which to base an engegement, and if this were followed by a short engagement, that would surely be plunging into mariage --- maybe you two will be able to be happy together, but you obviously don't know each other at all well, yet. What's the rush ?