Question

23 Apr 2006

Does he want me?
hi, i really like this guy who hasnt come out to be gay yet but hasnt had any girl friends ither, but im not sure if he wants me back, sometimes he acts like im the greatest thing since slice bread the next he totally ignores me. Is he confused? im not sure, any advice would be much appreciated.
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Does He Want Me and welcome to our forum. I'm really not quite sure how to answer you here - it sounds as if he really appreciates you, possibly as a friend, but beyond that only he will know. We always assume that everyone is either gay or straight and must be interested in either men or women. Some people however are asexual (simply not interested, sexually or romantically) and some people feel very intimidated by sex, intimacy or strong emotions. If he's inconsistent towards you and you're not even sure that he's gay, don't get your hopes up. At the end of the day this isn't about him, it's about you - surely you're worthy of a partner who knows who he is, is confident of himself and acts consistently towards you? Do you want to hang around just in case he one day decides he does want you?