Question

Does HIV always show after 3 months?
Would HIV always show (if you got it) after 3 months?? Is there any way that you could get tested well after 3 months and it still doesnt show in your blood? In other words, could it be in your system and "appear" when it is ready or will the test always show "the truth". I've been for 2 tests and both were negative. Is it 100% safe to assume I am negative? They drew blood the first time and the second time they did the quick test with immediate results. Both negative.
HIV Counsellor

Hi Anon!

The conservative view (which I use) on the length of the window period is three months. Testing negative after that does indicate that the virus is not present in your blood.

Do you have any concerns regarding the validity of your test results?

Stay well!
Laurent