Question

does she want me back?...so confused!
hi cyber shrink,

First some background...my long-time girlfriend broke up with me about 6 months ago...it was my fault really, drinking and partying too much, taking her for granted, etc.
Anyway, I tried to get back together with her and she wouldn't budge. The last conversation we had, she told me she hated me, is seeing someone else and that I should just move on and forget about her...I moved on, dated and continued my partying ways but lately I've slowed down and started thinking about her again.
I emailed her over the festive season and by some miracle she replied. We've been emailing each other back and forth and I'm totally chuffed that there's still some communication between us! She says that she's not seeing anyone, just staying away from guys for now and concentrating on her career.

Now, the problem...she's agreed to meet me for coffee. This should be a good thing right? Thing is...I'm not really over her and I still care deeply for her and want us together again. She's only agreeing to see me because she believes I'm over her, which I am soooo not!

How am I going to hold it together and act aloof when I'm still so in love with her?
If she truly hated me and never wanted to see me again, why would she agree to meet with me anyway?
Does the fact that she wants to see me indicate that she will warm up to the idea of us getting together again?
Would she want me back when she sees that I've changed my evil ways?

Doc, i need some answers here!

Surely she is the only one who can answer your questions ?