Question

Dog frightened of thunder
My male cross between fox terrier and collie is petrified of thunder. We have tried numerous tranquilisers but to no avail.
He goes absolutely beserk when there is thunder - runs up and down barking and breathing heavy.
What can we do please.
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Lynette, this is such a terrible thing for a dog and the trouble with this condition is that it tends to get worse! You really do need to get somebody in to help you with it, such as a behaviourist and even somebody that does TTouch as well. medication will help to a degree, but this really is one of the conditions that needs to be treated with medication, behaviour modification and TTouch really does make a difference. Have a look at this article on my site for Storm Fear Phobia which will give you some tips, and please feel free to get in touch with me and I will refer you to somebody. The link is
http://www.friendsofthedog.co.za/storm-fear-phobia.html