Question

Dogs hard swollen mammory glands and lum

I have a 9 yr old fox terrier maltese poodle cross. It had its first litter at 7months and then 3 more only 4 puppies at a time. Between the hindmost sets of teats and rear it is very swollen and hard. It is very sensitive and someplaces red. Just before the sets of teats is lump which is size of a nicklebol and is slowly getting bigger. When I pick her up she yelps. She occasionally gets fits of shortness of breath and coughs. Please advise as to what it could be and course of action.

Thanks for attention and time

Bobbels

Dear Bobbels

It can be mammary cancer with possible spread to the lungs. You need to go to your vet.