Question

Don't know wat to do??
At school i was realitively skinny but not overley so, I had my daughter ay 18 and lost all my pregancy weight. I started Triphazel and my weight stayed the same. About two years ago my weight elivated from being 75kg I'm now 95kg and i'm staying at that level does not matter how much i go to the gym. I went to the docter on saterday with sever chest pains that i only get when i'm over weight. My colesterol was tested and it was low, my heart was tested an all was right, got my thyroid test back and all is in normal range. I'don't know wat is the problem and it is really getting me down. I'm getting married in July and I really want to look good for my special day. Can you please help.

Dear Rochelle
Well, it seems that you have been given a clean bill of health as regards cholesterol, heart function and thyroid function. However, it is possible that you may suffer from insulin resistance which would hamper weight loss. Do consider seeing a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will assess your energy intake and advise if you need to go for insulin tests.
Hope you have a lovely wedding