Question

down sindrome and 14wk pregnant
Good morning doctor. I am 13 weeks pregnant and went for a sonar last week to see if my baby has down sindrome. The sonar was inconclusive and the thickness of the neck at the back is 1.7mm. Now the doctor had sent me for downsindrome blood sifting.

Is this normal for all woman and pregnancies. I am 32 years old.

She said everything is all and well. She did ask me what if this baby has downs, what would i do? So i said i am not sure maybe terminate.

The questions that she asked could that mean that it looks like there is a problem but did not want to alert me until the blood tests confirm her suspi'ns. I am not sure and are to scared to go for the blood tests, cause i am afraid of what they might say.

Can you give me advise, i am not pro "A" but in a case like this, financial wise i am not able to cope.

scarrycat

This screening test is offered to all women. It does not mean that there is anything wrong with your pregnancy. You should have the blood tests as this is part of the full result. A measurement of 1.7 is not bad, but you will only get a full risk after the blood test.