Question

Dr not sure what happened
Hi All,

Just wonder if someone out there can explain what in heaven's name is going on with my body.

Last tuesday i commenced my period which seemed pretty normal. Then on Wednesday i had such cever cramps. At first i though it was just related to my periods and so i took some pain killers, about five within an hour and had absolutely no relief. Within a short time i was gone blue with pain so hubby rushed me to the gynae. Gynae suspected it may be an ectopic pregnancy so he order some blood tests and did an internal examination as well as a sonar and could not find anything conclusive. I was then admitted to hospital where i was given some injections to stop the cramps. I was told that i may need to go to theatre the next morning.

However the next morning the gyne could still not find anything conclusive. He guessed that it might have been a cyst that erupted, an ectopic pregnancy or it could have been the result of having been on glucophage the past month. He is not sure whether this will happen again next month when i am due for my period. I am really not pleased with the diagnosis as i am not sure what happened or whether it will happen again. After all these injections my period stopped just after a day and a half but i still have a dull pain in my lower abdomen.

Has anyone out there experienced anything like this?

Your gynaecologist has examined you and done tests, which I have not, so it is difficult to guess what this could be. I would agree that you may have had a cyst which ruptured, the ectopic pregnancy I presume was excluded, or you could just have had a very painful period. If the pain persists, you may need a laparoscopy to make a diagnosis.