Question

drive
I have a very high desire for sex but my husband is on the low side. I have tried to reason with him to be more aggressive and satisfy me. In fact I have very often been aggresive and moaned for sex. I donot understand how to pep him up so that i for once feel satisfied. I am faithful and do not wish to go outside marraige, pl suggest some medication to boost his drive.
sexologist

Dear Amy,

There is evidence in recent research that after the age of 40 that men are experiencing significant drop in levels of testosterone production which can and does impact on sex drive in men. It is now recommended that for men over 40 that their testosterone levels be checked as part of their yearly general medical check up. If the drop in testosterone production is significant then testosterone supplementation may assist.

It is very common that in most couples there is one member of the couple with a higher sex drive than the other. It is rather rare that two people want sex equally as often, always at the exact same time, and both share exactly the same likes and dislikes in types of sexual activity.

The term we use is disparate sexual desire. The partner with the higher sex drive may also need to include times of self-stimulation between sessions of sexual intercourse with their partner, whilst once the couple have addressed this issue the other partner may make some accommodations, now being aware of their partner's needs.

I would suggest you consider seeing a sex therapist to assist you talk this through as it is often a very difficult issue for couples to address on their own without getting caught up in their subjective responses whilst trying to address it.