Question

dry mouth
Hi Dr

When I sleep my mouth gets very dry because i have to breath through my mouth (i have trouble breathing through my nose when i sleep) and in the morning my toung is stuck to my pallet and gets cut - really sore!.
What can I do to stop this? or alternativly, how do i larn to close my mouth and breath through my nose while i sleep? I have had my nasal passages checked and they seem fine, and i breath through my nose during the day
please help

B, why do you have trouble breathing through your nose when you sleep? Is it blocked by mucous or something else? Is just a matter of not being able to keep your mouth closed? Was your nose checked by your GP or an ENT specialist? Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.