Question

Dry mouth and red sensitive patches
My mouth feel dry no matter what I drink, there is some reddish patches inside my mouth that are sensitive. The sides of my mouth(lips) are sensitive and bursting open. I just finished a course of antibiotics for a middle ear infection. Could this be a reaction to the medication or must I consult a doctor? The problem started yesterday morning (the last day I took the medication). If it is nothing serious is there any over-the counter medicine I can get?

Dear Cazman,
You could have a fungus infection ( candida) because of the antibiotics - please let your doctor have a look, you may need a prescription. You can take vit B co for the bursting lips ( corners of the mouth?)