Question

DRY SKIN-FACIAL AND WHOLE ARMS
I have recently realised that my skin is very dry. Believe me this irritating. The affected areas are the face, the scalp and my arms, with the rest of the body "fine". I have been using petroleum jelly for my whole body for quite a long time. At times I have tried creams-comphar, intensive care,dawn(sorry for mentioning patent names I just believed it might make it easier for me to explain my case). I recently tried pure glycerine, but still feel dry as the day progresses. Ever since I was born (40 years ago in February 2003) I have not experienced this situation.
Could it be that;
(a) I have some resction;
(b) its a climatic effect;
(c) age is catching up (or it has already caught up) with me and my skin cant take anymore;
(d) I need to discuss it physically with my dermatologist;
(e) its normal.

I would be happy if you could be of help, please advise.

Thank you and adeiu

Thabo Molemohi

Thibos, making a dermatological diagnosis over the Net is always difficult, as I can’t see what the problem is. I doubt that it’s just age, but I suppose it is possible. Most of the products you used will keep the skin soft/wet, but won’t rehydrate it if it has dried out. It might of course also be an allergic reaction or even a form of eczema. My advice therefore would be to see your dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.