Question

duathlon
Hi fitness doc

I am doing my first Mickey Mouse duathlon in February. (1.25 run - 500m swim - 1.25 run). I would please like you to advise me about swimming in particular. The last time I actualy swam lengths in a swimming pool was when I was at school, and that was yonks ago! How many lengths per session, how many times per week do I need to swim to be able to complete a 500m swim in a lake? Also, any other excercises that will benefit me? I am pretty fit as I run about 28 - 40km per week, depends what race is on the weekend ie 10km,15km or 21km.

Thanx doc

Waiting in anticipation for your reply

Hi there

Your best bet is to go to the fitness page of this website and click on Get Sporty - then click on swimming - you should find all the advice you need there.

Good luck!