Question

dull ache in hip/thighs
I have this very uncomfortable dull pain in my thighs, just where the joints meet the hip, when I lie down at night. It almost feel like fluid is collecting at a certain place there. Have anyone had this problem? Ive had it a couple of years now. Its not too bad but I keep on turning in bed, this is esp when I just enter bed sleeping time.

Lea

You will have to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for x-rays of your lower back and hip joints. A possible MRI scan can also be done to have a closer look at the soft tissue. The dull ache can be due to nerve irritation in the lower back or due to hip joint pathology.