Ask an expert

02 Mar 2003

Dunderm Reseksie Anastomose
This is a quite drastic operation done on severely obese persons.
Unfortunately I just have the afrikaans word for it.
Where can I read up about it?
Email to
Answer 734 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lilly
I would suggest that you ask your gp to refer you to a surgeon in your area who does such ops so that you can talk to him/her about all the pros and cons. These ops are major interventions and do have a number of very serious side-effects, so THINK very carefully before you take this road.
Take great care
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17812 votes