Question

Duration of Ovulation

I do not want to sound too technical but was wondering if someone can explain.

I want to know exactly how long the ovulation cycle lasts.

According to the ovulation kit, you are most fertile for 2 days. I visited the website of conceptionstore earlier today and according to the ovulation calander you can be fertile for a number of days but you only ovulate one day. I know the whole story about sperm being able to live a couple of days etc. but do you actualy have only 1 day a month that is the best chance to conceive. I would also like to know from when the 24 hour lifespan of an egg is counted. Is it from when it is being released or only from once it is released.

The reason I am asking, is that it is almost impossible for me to have sex on my ovulation day due to severe pain, but always make sure to have some days before and the day after.

Thanx
GYNAEDOC

The release of the egg lasts a few seconds. the egg survives for about 48 hours. If you have sex before and after ovualtion, you should be able to conceive.