Question

Duromine

My doc prescribed these pill for me as i''m over weight, i weigh 112 kg and my length is 1.7 so now there is one question i need to know which i forgot to ask him, i''m on contraceptive pills (nordette). Do u think these pills would affect my cotraceptive pill ormake it inactive?

Dear Lutho
Although my copy of MIMS which lists the medicines available in SA with their side-effects, interactions, etc, does not mention that Duromine can affect the efficiency of contraceptive pills, some slimming pills do have a potentially negative effect. I would, therefore, recommend that you ask your pharmacist or phone the doctor who prescribed the Duromine, just to make 100% certain.