Question

Duromine 30mg
Hi there, i have just been put on duromine 30mg by my doc as i am morbidly obese... i just wanted to know is ther any other ladies who have taken it and their experiences on it... i am nervous cos i keep hearing such negative things about it... I HAVE TRIED TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT FAILED NO MATTER WHAT I DO.. i was on medication and that was one of the side effects..weight gain.. please if you have any comments on it and how best to use it... its not a wonder pill where you pop it and do what you want i think you also have to make the effort..

Dear Melody
Duromine is an appetite suppressant which will make you less hungry and thus reduce how much you eat. Combine the medication with a balanced low-fat slimming diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, and then on 'Healthy Diets'). Select one of the diets that you reckon you can stick to and use it to readjust your food intake. A good rule is to cut down on your fat intake (check out the low-fat, high-fibre diet on the Diet'nFood site while you are there). If its fatty, don't eat it. So as you say, you will also have to do your bit to lose weight. Once you start losing and become more mobile you can also consider doing some form of exercise (for example going for walks, swimming or cycling on a stationary bike) to stimulate your metabolism on a daily basis. Start slowly and for short periods, and then increase how long and hard you exercise as you become fitter. All medications can cause side-effects, so if you experience any negative side-effects when you use Duromine please contact your doctor or pharmacist to obtain advice on what you should do.
Wishing you all the best with your new regimen.