Question

DVT - Warfarin

I had a thrombosis in my left calf in Nov 02 and have been put on Warfarin. Can I take any supplements e.g. herbal meds ? I was running 8 km three times a week before the thrombosis but my dr has told me that I am not to run for 6 months !!!!! I am allowed to stroll. What other exercises can I do as I am becoming quite flabby and picking up weight at a rapid speed. Where can I find out more about the side effects if Warfarin ?

Charl, warfarin can interact with a lot of drugs even seemingly innocent things like vitamins. The best would be to run everything you plan on taking by your doctor.
The most common side-effects are bleeding, skin changes, hair loss, nausea and vomiting, fever and diarrhoea.