Question

Dyshidrotic Eczema
Hi doc,

One year ago I went to a very reputable CT skin specialist to look at a suspected eczema on my feet. After a comprehensive microscopic analysis he diagnosed it as Dyshidrotic Eczema. He then prescribed me a topical cortico-steroid cream (Dovate) and said it was 'common' between the age of 20 and 30 (Im 23) and is absolutely non-contageous.

Here's the problem... my brother has now developed it on his foot (not so strange cos it could just be genetic) BUT now my girlfriend has got it too!!! Is this possible or is it just a huge co-incidence!? Should I get a second opinion? Please help!

Thanks for your time doc!

Dear Erik

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that it is a co-incidence for all three of you having the eczema. I do however, suggest that you have a skin scraping done, in order to exclude a yeast infection. A second opinion is therefore, not a bad idea.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger