Question

Ear Infection

My dog has had an ear infection for around 2 years. I have taken her to the vet a few times and they keep giving me the same thing over and over. (Ear Drops and a solution to clean her ears)

Even when I clean her ears daily and use the drops, after a few days of these running out, she is back to square one.

Is there not an anti-biotic or something I can use that will clear this up for good?

Hi Shayne

You need to have a discussion with your veterinarian and ask them what investigations and treatment protocols are available to identify and subsequently treat your animal’s chronic otitis externa. Antibiotics may not be sufficient to cure the problem as there may also be other physical/environmental/infectious factors.

Please note that you may not be able to totally alleviate the problem as some of these conditions are multifactorial.

If your vet does not have the time to explain the issue at hand then I would suggest that you seek a second opinion.

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell