Question

ear problem
About 5 days ago I woke up in the middle of the night with severe earach in my one ear. It was excruciating.
it lasted til the next day but since then the pain is mostly gone but it is so blocked i cant hear anything out of it at all.
I also have a blocked/runny nose for about 2 weeks now. Is it related and how can i fix it? do i need drops or could it be an infection that requires antibiotics?

Also, are ear infections contagious?

Dear Tammy
I think you should see your doctor as you may need antibiotics. It is not contagious but drops won't necessarily help for the blocked ears.