Question

Ear Problem
I developed this sore in my left ear. its swells up and is basically filled with either clear or yellow fluid. its been there for two monts now and because of the fluid running into my inner ear it is giving me ear ache. is there an antiseptic cream i can buy to clear this up or what is the problem?
Cyberdoc

Dear Janine

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The treatment for this will be to consult a GP to have the area opened and drained. You should also take an oral antibiotic, i.e. Augmentin, with an antiseptic cream and Myprodol capsules to control the pain and swelling.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger