Ask an expert

11 Jan 2008

Ear Problem
I developed this sore in my left ear. its swells up and is basically filled with either clear or yellow fluid. its been there for two monts now and because of the fluid running into my inner ear it is giving me ear ache. is there an antiseptic cream i can buy to clear this up or what is the problem?
Answer 581 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Janine

Thank you for visiting

The treatment for this will be to consult a GP to have the area opened and drained. You should also take an oral antibiotic, i.e. Augmentin, with an antiseptic cream and Myprodol capsules to control the pain and swelling.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.