Question

Easy dinner and healthy snack
Dear Dietdoc,
Thanks for the interesting Survivor article this morning. It's quite fascinating.

Not related to the article, just two questions, please:
1. I'm a single working mom of four and 8 year olds. We all have lunch at work or creche/after care. What would be a healthy dinner in summer that would not require cooking? Does the following constitute a healthy dinner for each one of us: one bunch of grapes, match-box size of cheese (or one egg), toasted whole-wheat bread with Floro and marmite, one small tub of yogurt. Do you have other suggestions of such "finger food dinners"?

2. I'm working towards a healthy weight (still about 15 kgs overweight), and try to stick to low GI foods. Would the Bokomo Quick Break low fat Bar (3% fat /100g) be a healthy mid-morning or mid-afternoon, or late evening snack?

Dear Marilyn
Thank you for your kind words about the Survivor article. I just love watching that series and all the diet and food-related goings on. To answer your questions: yes, your suggestion is fine. Other ideas could include tinned fish with salad and wholewheat or seed bread, or baked beans on wholewheat toast with salads and fruit, or cottage cheese with bread and fruit. You can even serve lean meat with salads and fruit as an alternative. All of which don't require cooking.
The Bokomo product should be fine for a snack.