Question

Eating a night, after exercise!
I am female, 32yrs. I have BMI of 27 and want to loose at least about 10kg's. (currently: 1.67m and 78kg).

I joined a Club yesterday. We do Aerobics on Monday, Steps on Tuesday, Joga on Wednesday and Calanetics on Thursday.

I wanted to start on the SOUTH BEACH diet. I read that O positive bloodgroup get good results from eating HIGH PROTEIN.

Now for my problem: WHAT SHOULD I EAT AT NIGHT?

My classes starts at 17h30 and when I return I am NOT HUNGRY!

Will it help if I eat as follows:

07h30: Oats
snack on cheese, tomato, biltong, meat
12h30: Meat/chicken/fish with salad (cucumber, tomato, cheese)
Apple
But what about 17h00-20h00????

I don't have enough time to prepare anything before 17h30.
I have left-over HERBALIFE Shake. Will it help for weightloss if I drink a Shake at night???

I drink about 2 liters of water a day, 4 cups of Rooibos (sweetener, no milk) and during exercise I drink 1 liter water.

Dear Smiley
Your present BMI = 28 and if you lose 10 kg then your BMI would be 24 which is nicely back in the normal range.
Basically I don't approve of high-protein diets and if you are eating for sustained energy to keep up your exercise, replenish you fuel reserves in the liver and muscles after exercise and ensure that you have enough energy to exercise, you need to eat carbohydrates not protein! Most top athletes eat a diet that mainly consists of carbohydrates and most of them are very thin, so my advice would be: a) use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) with your exercise to lose weight. Have a carb-rich snack before exercising, drink an energy drink during exercise and eat a light balanced meal that contains some carbs after exercising when you feel like eating again. Your liquid intake is also excessive at 4 litres a day - this can lead to electrolyte imbalances because vital minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium and even calcium are washed out of the body if you ingest too much liquid. Adults only need 2,5 litres of liquid a day (10 cups), so do try and reduce your water intake. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women' to get a better idea of what you need to eat when you are exercising.